DraftKings' Jason Robins -- In this episode, NextView partner Rob Go talks to the CEO of the newest unicorn -- Jason Robins of DraftKings. Jason is generous with his storytelling and tactical tips for fundraising when VCs aren't receptive, partnering with larger players in your industry (as DraftKings was able to do with brands like Disney/ESPN, the MLB, the NHL, etc.), and building a company that's capable of being truly analytical -- not just driven by data but obsessed with it.
So ... how does a unicorn gain traction anyway?
STARTUP LESSONS YOU'LL LEARN:
- A clever question to ask VCs to ensure you get a firm answer.
- Tactics for fundraising when being met with some resistance.
- How young startups can partner with massive brands.
- Why and how you should build a data-obsessed team.
- Marketing and user acquisition advice for those in hot, competitive markets.
STORIES YOU'LL HEAR:
- The early struggles Jason experienced while raising fundraising (and the way they overcame this pushback).
- The surprising companies that breed highly analytical minds and user acquisition geniuses.
- The hiring process at DraftKings and other data-obsessed companies.
- Jason's company: DraftKings.com
- Jason's Twitter: @JasonDRobins
Let me know what you think of the show -- tweet me (Jay Acunzo) @Jay_zo