"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." - Ghandi
This great quote from Ghandi is perfect for this week's episode. Often times we find ourselves so entrenched in our own lives that we forget there is a whole world out there that can benefit from the unique skills we have to give. That is why I am so thankful for my quests in this week’s episode! Dr. Josh D’Angelo and Dr. Efosa Guobadia are physical therapists and the co-founders of the Global PT Day of Service. They are a breathe of fresh air and after listening to this podcast you are going to want them as your new BFFs!
In this episode you will learn:
· What inspired them to create the Global PT Day of Service (and it is a good one).
· How their mutual friendship and respect for each other is a great example of how to live your life.
· Their take on why PTs should be giving back to their communities and how it can help move your business forward.
· Some examples of what they will be doing for the Global PT Day of Service.
· Their vision for the future of the Global PT Day of Service.
· How easy it is for you to get involved in the Global PT Day of Service.
This was such an inspiring interview and I hope that after listening you head over to the Global PT Day of Service, sign up and get ready to be of service to the people in your community. I hear so often that people in our communities don’t know what physical therapy is and what we do for our clients/patients. Getting out there in the community and using our unique set of skills, meeting people in the community and being of service to others sounds like a great way to spread the word about physical therapy!
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Mohammed Ali