Podcast 078: Living Longer Through Chemistry: The Science Behind Metformin
Dr. Meaghan and Wendy discuss an interesting article published about the positive effects of Metformin and how it is being studied to increase lifespan.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
· Why is insulin and blood sugar so important for overall health
· What is the mechanism of action for Metformin
· What does Metformin do and why is it beneficial to health
· Why longevity of life can be altered by controlling insulin and blood sugar levels
· How Metformin might be able to increase life by decreasing oxidative stress and preserving telomeres