Ronald G. Layard-Liesching, chairman and founder, Mountain Pacific Group, a firm dedicated to risk management, quantitative finance, and currency investing discusses the current interrelationship of currencies with financial markets, and a particularly troubling scenario for which most investors are unprepared. Here is an overview of the points covered:
• How currency markets dwarf all other markets
• How the size of currency markets is driving the performance of all other financial markets
• How central bankers of non-reserve countries can deal with the current "currency wars"
• How to rehabilitate currency markets beyond just ending QE
• What China must do for the renminbi to attain reserve currency status
• The effort to de-dollarize the oil markets
• Concerns about blockchain currency technology
• The one potentially deadly scenario investors are not discounting
The Take 15 Series is a series of short interviews with leading practitioners on timely topics focused on the investment profession.
Join us at the 69th CFA Institute Annual Conference in Montréal