What are the most critical threats and opportunities facing nonprofits, and how should they respond to these risks? In this podcast, I interview Nell Edgington from SocialVelocity.net. We talk about many important topics, including the following:
- how the nonprofit landscape has become more competitive;
- why nonprofits need a theory of change;
- the need for metrics;
- how and when to engage in strategic planning
- how nonprofits can determine whether they are applying best practices;
- the benefits of a financial model assessment; and
- how to address common risks involving a board of directors.