CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE JOYFUL COURAGE NEWSLETTER LIST! Keep up with the latest podcasts, blogs and offerings :)
Today’s guest is Lauren Gamble of Bibs for Kids. She helps kids struggling with illness, impoverishment and prematurity by selling bibs and donating 10% of proceeds to causes. Her son was born premature and she was inspired to help others after spending time in the NICU with her new baby. Join us in learning about how to give back to kids in need this holiday season (and every day)!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
• Life in the NICU – the challenges of prematurity with even a healthy baby, infant health challenges, bonding with other parents facing the same circumstances and 12 long days where time seemed to stand still
• Causes Bibs For Kids supports: premature birth, pediatric HIV, pediatric cerebral palsy, childhood hunger, childhood cancer, and autism
• Prematurity awareness – the selection of this cause was influenced by her own experiences with her son (who is now 4 months old) and the ongoing relationships she’s had with fellow NICU families from their stay
• Pediatric cerebral palsy – the family connection to this challenging disease and how her relationship with her cousin and aunt led her to want to give back in this way
• Pediatric HIV – the family Lauren knows who adopted an HIV positive child and how their life experiences impacted her decision to support this important cause
• Autism – Awareness of early detection and the need for education and intervention are so key to positive outcomes for children living with Autism
• Childhood cancer – 720 kids diagnosed every day in America – why research and awareness is so important
• Childhood hunger – a cause that’s closer to home than we think and not just an overseas problem
• Customer response to Bibs for Kids, donations and partnerships
• The holiday season: thankfulness for good health and a reason to give
• Ways to help when you don’t have kids who wear bibs or don’t have babies in your life– donate $5 and have a bib sent to a child in need
Where to find Lauren:
Facebook I Website I Instagram I Twitter I Pinterest ** Check out the Bibs for Kids KICKSTARTER campaign and make a DIRECT IMPACT on this important work!!
Join the LIVING JOYFUL COURAGE information list TODAY and enjoy freebies and reminders for when it is time to REGISTER for the membership program!!
Join the Joyful CourageTribe in our community Facebook group - Live and Love with Joyful Courage. Raising our children while growing ourselves...
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!