Welcome Christmas and the FLAF Xmas Spectacular! Much 'Christmas' music and some birthday fun in this one. Also plenty of other randomness. So let's GIT TO IT!
- Doug's best friend from middle school, Erik, playing something beautiful on his piano! Schroeder would be impressed.
- Megan does her version of a song off a Holiday record she has
- Doug and Megan are birthday twins and have a joint bowling party at West Lanes which by the end of the night was renamed Wet Lanes.
- The clickity clack sound of mussel shells at Dario's
- Jason admits he's a hater :(
- 'I Like to Get Drunk and Ride My Horse on Christmas Day' by Horatio Lee Jenkins. Here's the most wonderful music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBJbd8x2TE
- Trilety was a guest on The Basement on a Hill podcast last month. #38! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-basement-on-a-hill/id1083100442?mt=2
- Megan's cute cure for hiccups
- A bit of Bing and Bowie just to mess with the girlfriend <3
- Doug and Megan watched the Macy's parade to see the Charlie Brown balloon they got to help test in Volume XXI!
- Call and leave a happy birthday, FLAF message!
- Megan does a great Sling Blade.
- A flashback to Doug and Trilety singing along with 'Joy to the World' from Volume II
- HOBOWRECK DEMOTIME: 'Rudolph Was the Radio Tower' - A sad Xmas song Doug wrote way back around 2001. The idea is a kid has a window somewhere in his house that he only looks out on Christmas Eve cuz he's looking for Santa, and when he does he sees a red light in the sky. (He must live in an awfully big house with many windows.) But then he just happens to look out this window one night in the fall and notices 'Rudolph' up there flying around on the wrong night. He then embarks on a journey only to discover that Rudolph's nose is the top of a radio tower. Based off a thought little Doug would have noticing the red tower light back behind his backyard in Sioux City.
- The Xmas Din of Death
- The warm sounds of Trilety's fire
- Joyful brass in the cafeteria at work
- 'Why Not Smile' by R.E.M. This is not a Christmas song but sounds like one to Doug. Give it a try while driving around to look at lights. It will work PERFECTLY.
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!