Episode 10 of the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast with Joe Edelman.
Google's Nik Collection is done and people are mad as hell about it! They have even started a petition at Change.org (https://www.change.org/p/google-inc-save-the-nik-collection) Get on over there and add your name!
We had some awesome images to review this week from Geoff Tudno - North Wales / Heiko Kanzler - Andalucia, Spain / Francis Estanislao - Muntinlupa City, Phillipines / Arnab Ghosal - London England / Mike Miller - Thurmont, Maryland
This week’s photography questions include:
- What’s the best way to shoot a bride in a white wedding dress outdoors against a white background so that the dress doesn’t blend into the background in this case a barn.
- Do yo have any tips for when you are on a portrait shoot where nothing is working? For example you are not getting the expressions you want but don't want the subject to think he/she is doing something wrong.
- What makes a photo amazing rather than just good?
- I have a Nikon d7200 and I want to shoot events without using flash. Do you have any suggestions or presets with regards to the d7000 series
- White balance. What is the best way to handle it if you are shooting events and changing environments frequently.
- I am going to be working with a make-up artist for the first time. She's new to doing make up for photography. We are going to discuss our ideas and approach over coffee. Even though I am on a budget, I plan on paying her for her time. How would be the best way to gauge her potential/ability if she doesn't have a portfolio yet? What are a few things that are important to look for? (Her photos on social media look promising)
- Is there much difference in quality of cheap softboxes to top brands, or are you just paying for a name?
- Do you, or have you ever, done stock photography as a business? And what do you think of this business model in general?
- How can I prevent moisture if I am moving my camera from a cold room to the hot and humid outdoors.
Thank you for listening to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast!
Subscribe via iTunes, Google Play, Email or RSS!
If you subscribe to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review the show to help me move up in the rankings so that other who are interested in learning the “HOW’S and WHY’S” behind great photographs can find me.
Please be sure to tune in to the LIVE TOGCHAT video stream on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/photojoeedelman
I hope you will join me every MONDAY at 6:30pm ET (UTC-4) for a LIVE episode of TOGCHAT™. Each weekly episode of TOGCHAT™ photography livestream includes 60 action packed minutes of Photography Tips, the most constructive Photo Reviews on YouTube and Open mic night for photographers - YOUR questions and MY answers !
Each weekly episode of this live photography show includes the latest in headline photography news as well as a review of 5 images from my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook in an effort to teach YOU new photography tips, tricks and techniques to improve your photography skills. If you would like to have your image reviewed - be sure to join the group: http://tog.chat/fbgroup
Stay tuned for the second half of each TOGCHAT™ live stream for YOUR photography questions in real time along with my answers. Yup… it’s an open mic night for photographers and your chance to get photography advice from your host - Joe Edelman!
Also connect with me on Facebook @thejoeedelman. I’m on Twitter and Instagram @JoeEdelman