On this week's episode, we gave you access to the episode a day early because we're nice guys (and Chris is busy running eduWeb Digital Summit this week). Also, it's rumored that Google offered 30 billion for Snapchat. Serious cash. We would have taken it.
This week's Five Favorites:
1. Hottie with a poddy: VCs give Gimlet the greenlight [The Hustle]
2. Spotify crosses 60M paid subscribers as it prepares to go public later this year [The Verge]
3. Reddit Raised $200 Million And Is Redesigning to Look More Like Facebook [Gizmodo]
4. RED’s upcoming $1,200 smartphone is enormous [The Verge]
5. Hot Topic: Insiders say Google was interested in buying Snap for at least $30 billion last year [Business Insider]
YouTube star Jake Paul is terrorizing his neighborhood by being a little asshole [AV Club]
Five Favorites' Tweet of The Week
Use the hashtag #FiveFavorites to share YOUR favorite stories each and every week - and YOU may be included on the show (including our new tweet of the week feature). Tune into Honorable Mentions on WhyISocial.com for all the links we didn't discuss.
Links not included in show notes - including additional mentions - will be included in the Honorable Mentions blog post.