In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discusses:
· Advice for new trainers and handlers to PSA through questions and answers.
· When do you stop doing bite work at home with your puppy?
· When do you use corrections with your dog?
· How do you pick a the right dog?
· Surround yourself with experienced mentors, with a track record of achievement in PSA.
· Have decoys work with your dog sooner rather than later.
· No training is better than bad training.
· Always manage the correction and reward frequencies to peak before trial.
"With really good genetics and really good potential comes a responsibility to bring that out of the dog." — Jerry Bradshaw
Get Jerry's book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe.
Show notes by Podcastologist Jessie Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.