Today's show features a discussion about Rahm Emanuel's recent Mea Culpa published in the Atlantic entitled "I Used to Preach the Gospel of Education Reform. Then I Became the Mayor"
* What does a system look like that focuses on building the capacity and leadership skills of principals?
* Principal-focused reform, versus teacher-based reform
* Promoting principal autonomy
During part two, we interview THE Jon Saphier of Research for Better Teaching, and co-author of the incomparable Studying Skillful Teaching.
During our interview we discuss:
* The recently unveiled "High Expertise Teaching Project"
* How to improve teacher prep programs
* What structures can schools put in place to improve teacher performance?