Australia's first female Professor of Property, Sara Wilkinson, UTS explains sustainability, urban development and the importance of using resources that are local, renewable & energy efficient. Plus we cover:
* Overcoming the idea families need to live on ¼ acre block
* Retrofitting existing properties to make them energy efficient
* How under occupied properties could solve our affordable housing crisis.
* How green roofs can protect your property from solar degradation
* The benefit of aerofarms with 24hr sunshine
* Why we have aprox 11 years to take sufficient action to stop irreversible climate change.
* The urban heat island, city centres are often 5° hotter & ideas to cool them down
* Why the government is urging construction to house us all.
This is an informative episode for anyone who cares about our planet’s future!Guest Website & Relevant Links:
UTS - Sara Wilkinson
Architecture & Design - Sustainability Projects
City of Sydney - Green Business & Buildings
Ep 1 - Simon Russell, Behavioural Finance Aust
Ep 62 - Cecille Weldon, Liveability
Ep 66 - Michele Adair, Housing Trust
Work with Veronica? firstname.lastname@example.org
Work with Chris? email@example.com
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: www.theelephantintheroom.com.au/podcasts/070