Welcome to Fat Girl Finds Love
Meet Your Hostess Briana Cavanaugh
This is an interview by Dalia Kinsey of School Nutrition, Dietician podcast of Briana Cavanaugh, hostess of Fat Girl Finds Love.
Dalia will be a frequent guest and occasional co-host! She’s awesome! We do an interview of Dalia a bit later in the series, but her bio and links are included here so you can find her if you need her!
In this episode we talk about:
Dalia lives in Georgia and Briana lives in California
-My vital stats
-Age, race, identities
-Why do we use the word fat?
-Finding my fat identity
-Going to NOLOSE for the first time and what it felt like to spend time with fat people
-How sex positive spaces are not fat positive and what does that actually mean?
-being able to get more voices heard and get my work around relationships, love sex, and relationships
- Do they want fat people there?
- The Racist origins of dieting
- “Fearing the black body, the racial origins of fatphobia" by Sabrina Strings on The Nod: https://gimletmedia.com/shows/the-nod/o2hwbb
-“if you're going to do something that's not the patriarchy, what are you going to do.
- Hanne Blank’s “Big, Big Love” book
- You get to have choice about your relationship.
-“ it's time that we have the lives that we want to live now.”
- How are we having pleasure in our lives now? Pleasure is a game changer. As soon as you have enough pleasure everything changes.
Join us at fatgirlfindslove.com