It’s been a long, stupid week in craft beer thanks to Bourbon County madness, so we wanted to find some substitutes to feed those cravings on a budget and a whim. We review five bourbon barrel-aged beers that are pretty easy to find. It mostly doesn’t work out well. We talk about other barrel-aged beers that regularly inhabit shelves and whether or not length of aging makes a difference. Then the belligerence begins and we use bizarre aroma descriptors, discuss “Battletoads” erotica, and recklessly bash a few breweries in the process. There’s no substitute for our hilarity! Sorry.
1. Hoppin’ Frog Barrel-Aged D.O.R.I.S.
2. New Holland Dragon’s Milk
3. FiftyFifty Eclipse Four Roses 2013
4. Central Waters Headless Heron
5. Abita Bourbon Street Imperial Stout
2. FiftyFifty Eclipse Four Roses 2013
3. New Holland Dragon’s Milk