Grace Conyers is the founder of Insanitek Research and Development, which brings together some of America's brightest scientific minds to devise and create innovative products for clients in a wide range of industries.
Insanitek's projects cover a range of sustainability areas, from energy to soil science – but their primary mission to make science more accessible by deepening science education and simplifying science communication.
In this wide-ranging interview, we talk to Grace about why an understanding of science is crucial and the importance of 'sustainability' to companies today. "Live honestly, practice transparency; and when you're actually obvious to everyone in the company and your clients, your actions follow your words".
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN:
- How Insanitek works to make science more accessible to people (especially in the areas of environmental science and sustainability)
- How they go about teaching sustainability concepts within science
- How Insanitek applies principles of sustainability to their own office and operations to reduce their impact
- How growing up on a farm influenced Grace's business
- How to decide what to emphasize in your business
- The marketing impact of 'sustainability'
- What motivates peoples' purchasing decisions, and how businesses can benefit from understanding psychology
- How to communicate with your customers
- Why Insanitek spends more time on the 'education' part than the 'science' part
- Grace's secrets for good communication
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes or Stitcher.